Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Last day of pre-k

Today is Gwendolyn's last day of preschool.  It is so hard to believe that she is old enough to be done with preschool and to be getting ready for kindergarten.  And we are working on planning her 5th birthday party... a big girl party with her friends from school, soccer, and tee-ball and not just family.  Time flies I'm telling you.

Today I am thankful for Gwendolyn having completed preschool rather than her first school experience being in kindergarten.  Though we had not planned on sending her to preschool, I think it was a good learning experience for all of us: new social experiences, new routines, being away from each other.  I'm also thankful for her teachers who made the process easier, safe, and fun.  Gwendolyn has truly blossomed this year and I attribute a great deal of that to her being in school.
Gwendolyn's first day of school, September 2010

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me how much they pick up just in preschool! She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is adorable! and i love the name gwendolyn... so pretty! thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete