Monday, May 2, 2011

9/ 52 weeks of happiness: plant a garden


We finally went and got plants for my raised vegetable garden bed on Saturday.  We weren't sure where to go buy plants because I haven't had much luck growing anything in past years.  By chance we went to Lowe's, and they were having their 50% off all living things sale. YAY!  

I got two strawberry plants, two tomato plants, a blueberry bush, some marigolds, and let the girls each pick out a flowering plant.  I was actually proud of the amount of restraint I showed, I wanted one of everything but decided to start small(ish).  I still want to get a zucchini plant or maybe a bell pepper plant.  

I got all my plants planted Saturday, even though I had to plant in the rain.  It has been raining since Saturday and rained for multiple days last week too.  It is supposed to stop raining sometime Tuesday afternoon and then stay dry the rest of the week.  I'm hoping to finish up planting then.  

12 comments:

  1. awesome pic! nothin' like growing/tending to ur own garden * fun stuff ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also did a gardening post...it was a great weekend to garden, so we seized on the opportunity. enjoy the fruits of your labor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot, can't wait to get are garden started.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I love the pictures. Good luck getting your garden to grow. I can't garden worth a lick. I do love eating fresh tomatoes though. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the garden! Wish I had a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well - - - you're in Arkansas, I IMAGINE you actually do have s _ _ _ _ _ goin' on there, so planting is a good thing.

    Here? UH - - - not so much YET. But I keep hoping.

    Not that I can grow anything, 'cause I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a colorful flower! Love the purplish middle. Good luck on planting. I'm sure the rain will help soften the soil up for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck in the garden... Send the rain our way... we're having a drought here in Texas and my garden is begging for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great garden! That plant is really cool looking, too!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete