Friday, May 20, 2011

Random Ramblings

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with something to say.  There is a lot on my mind, but not necessarily much for me to say.  Does that ever happen to you?  I figure I'll start talking/ typing and let;s just see where this goes.

I won a photography challenge this week from McDougall Photography.  It is a first for me and was for the picture I got of my Grandy on Mother's Day so it means a lot to me.  I have been working hard on figuring out how to use my camera, finding the light, and taking good pictures so it is nice for someone other than my family to say I am doing good and give some validation.  I'm proud anyway.

And speaking of my Grandy, her husband surprised me and brought her by the house to see the girls the other day while she was out.  I understand that she misses them and talks about them, but I given the state that she is in now: rarely knows anything that is going on around her, can't recognize even family (though I think she can feel us and recognizes the love we have, or that is just what I tell myself), incredibly frail and just a shell; I worry about how that may be how my girls, or probably just Gwendolyn, will remember her.  I don't know, and maybe I am being selfish with that even being a concern, but I'd rather them have happy memories of the strong lady she was.  The lady who loved them so fiercely and painted their nails and colored and took them shopping and to the country club to show them off to her buddies.  The visit went okay.  They didn't stay long, and they got to see each other and give hugs so it is possible I am just too sensitive in this situation and overthinking it.  I would have just liked to have better prepared Gwendolyn.

Let's see what else.  The weather has been beautiful all week so we have been outside and playing ball.  Gwendolyn had two games again this week.  I'm not sure she likes playing tee-ball so much as she likes the social aspect.  That is okay though, I'm just glad she is being social.

She also gets to go to a birthday party tonight and see her friends from school that she has been missing so much.  Hopefully, I will remember to get their phone numbers/ addresses so we can invite them to her birthday next month.

That is about it.  We have had a busy week, but not much has happened.

If you could, pray for my cousin this week as he starts chemotherapy.  He is my age and has two kids about the same age as my girls and found out he has an aggressive form of lymphoma, so his therapies will be aggressive as well.  Thank you.

Linking up with company girl coffee.

6 comments:

  1. me gusta tu blog, te invito a visitar el mio
    un saludo desde España
    http://karmucaycuquino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Danyelle. Congratulations on your photography win!

    When you wrote about about your "Grandy" I was moved, since I have similar feeling about visiting my beloved grandparents as their health fades. Still, taking that time to be with them shows honor and devotion, which is important. We'll always treasure those happy memories and have wonderful stories to tell our children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your cousin's healing. That photo of your Grandy is beautiful. Congrats on the win!! She sounds like a wonderful person. I don't know how I would feel in that situation, but I'd probably have the same sort of thoughts. I think your girls will always remember and cherish the moments that they had with her though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the photography...I got a little point and shoot recently and I'm afraid I still end up with fuzzy pics as you could see on my blog! I hope things go well for your cousin and the chemo is a success...such a difficult time...I think it was probably good for your daughter to see your grandy as she was...it is part of life and it might even help her understand when the time comes and she's not there..rather than remembering her as healthy and wondering why she's not there anymore...just a thot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for your cousin. My husband is a ten year surviver of cancer. He had stage four lymphoma in 2000. I will be rooting that your cousin has a story much like his.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win. That is awesome. Cherish that time with loved ones. Praying for your cousin. My friend is going through chemo/radiation for a brain tumor right now. And A few other people I know just got diagnosed with cancer as well, so it's been a tough time. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete