Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Confessions and Flowers


1.) I have a recurring nightmare that I will wake up with a tattoo on my face.  I don't remember exactly how long the dream has been going on, maybe once every couple weeks for a couple years, but it is enough to make me feel panicky when I wake up.
1b.) The Hangover 2 commercial that keeps coming on is not helping that nightmare situation.


2.) We are working toward potty-training Maggie, who will be 2 in August.  Gwendolyn was potty-trained by her second birthday so, in theory, in it time to get Maggie out of diapers.  The training all goes fine at home, but it is the going out in public that is messing us up.  She wants to try out every bathroom in the Northeast Arkansas area, including all the gross bathrooms at the ballparks.  I don't even like to go into those and generally just won't so I really don't want my toddler who wants to touch everything going in there.  But I want her to get out of diapers.... I need to pick my battles.

3.) I have all my garden planted: 2 tomato plants, 2 strawberry plants, 2 squash plants, 1 blueberry bush, and multiple flowers.  I'm very afraid that my plants won't yield anything .  I guess we'll see.

4.) I just sat through and watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World mainly because Netflix sent us the dvd over a week ago and it was going to be watched before it was sent back.  It was not really my cup of tea, but, like I said, we kept is so long I felt obliged to watch it.  Have you watched anything decent lately that you would recommend?

5.) These flowers have nothing to do with the list.  I wanted to link up with both A Familiar Path's Saturday Confessions and I Heart Faces' Photo Challenge: Flowers, and would just rather do one post.  The pictures are ones I have taken over the past couple months, with the one at top being the one I took most recently.  I'd like to think that they at least illustrate that I am getting better at taking pictures and using my camera.  I'd like to think lots of things though that may or may not be accurate.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an unusual nightmare! I wonder if it means something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never heard of a tattoo nightmare. you should research that and see if it has any meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jellybean background!

    My girls are 9 & 11 now...but your potty training story brought back memories..being on line at the store, waiting for ten minutes, almost to the check-out, when my daughter would have to go potty and you never knew if they could hold it! lol. I forgot about those days. Thank you for the memory -they truly do grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are so pretty! That is one strange nightmare! Good luck with the potty training :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are so pretty. Love that last shot. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had that much of my garden planted! Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous. the middle one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the second one! beautiul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is in our cameras! great shots

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had many strange dreams that probably beat your tattooed face one by a long shot, so don't worry about it. I absolutely love fuscia -- it's like a cartoon flower to me. Almost too fantastic to be real.

    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you sound like my daughter who just recently finished potty training her 2 1/2 yr old little boy. All went well until they left the house, but he caught on quickly and has it mastered now and she is so grateful! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tattoo dream made me laugh : ) What will it say? It better be something good if it is going to be stuck on your face forever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very smart to link up three places in one post!! Like your first flower? Know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  14. so what is that first flower?? I have pictures of it from our trip to Longwood gardens, but I have no idea what its called! beautiful shot - love the processing by the way :)

    ReplyDelete