Tuesday, May 31, 2011

13 weeks of happiness: busy holiday weekend


It has been a rushed past few days.  Starting with last Wednesday when we prepared for strong storms and even saw a stormchaser vehicle in town ahead of the storms, not that i had any idea what it was when I saw it.  It took someone else posting a picture on facebook to clue me in.  But we lucked out and we didn't get any storms nearly as severe as they had predicted.  Then Thursday was tee-ball.  Friday morning I took Gwendolyn to the surgery center to have warts removed from under both of her big toenails.  *gag*  They put her under general anesthesia and it took no time.  I expected her to need quite a bit of recovery time since they worked on both of her feet, but she was up and running by the afternoon.  I, on the other hand, required some recovery time in the form of an almost 3 hour nap.  

Our weekend was no less busy.  Gwendolyn occasionally complained of sore toes, but for the most part just wanted to go and do.  Good thing too, since we cooked out at home Saturday afternoon, then went to my brother's for a cookout that evening.  Sunday we went to a cookout at my cousin's house.  

In the 30ish years they have had that house, the pool has only been ready for swimming a handful of times on Memorial Day.  Normally Memorial day weekend is the weekend everyone works on getting it ready.  But it was ready and had pretty blue water this year.  And it was cold!  We didn't even take our suits.  we put our feet in a couple times, and in Maggie's case, she hung over the edge and splashed her hands around.  We think, weather permitting, the pool will be ready to swim by the weekend.

Even without getting to swim, we still had a good time at the cookout.  Lot of family, lots of food, homemade ice cream!, and a nice breeze.  My cousins brought my Grandy out for a little while and she enjoyed herself and I think I even got a couple decent pictures.    

Monday we went to another cookout at a friend's house and did some housework.  And today I guess we are trying to get back into the swing of regular days.  It is taking us a bit.  Maggie is clingy and wanting to be held, and I would much rather hold her than go to the grocery store like I need to.  I guess we can slowly get into the week since we don't have anything going on until this weekend's tee-ball tournament and another birthday party for Gwendolyn to attend. Even with a low start though, we need to get to the grocery store today or first thing tomorrow.  

How do you get back into the swing of things after a long busy weekend?

7 comments:

  1. That pool does look inviting:) Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! That pool looks great on a hot day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious little girl. Great shot. Yes, I'm trying to catch up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard. I'm still trying to get adjusted! Great capture of the little one :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Great picture of the little one!

    ReplyDelete