Sunday, May 8, 2011

Motherhood

Motherhood.  Whether she birthed the child or he or she was born in her heart, motherhood changes a person.  It a lifelong bond not just between the mother and child but also mothers everywhere.

It is the sleepless nights sitting up with the baby with colic or sick child, it is the endless worrying and concern, scraped knees and broken hearts, reliving events from your own childhood through fresh eyes and new wonder and excitement. It is the baby's breath and toddler kisses, outstretched arms and full body hugs using every ounce of strength and first time he or she tell you "I love you". It is endless amounts of laundry, occasional feelings of being a short order cook, wearing butt grooves in the rocking chair, lack of privacy and never getting to go to the bathroom by yourself. It is magical kisses that can make everything better and truly loving the macaroni necklace your 4 year old gives you.  It is this and so much more.

I was super tired when I took this.  Sometimes you can't help but get tired when you are rocking and your toddler is all snuggled up next to you.


I heart faces: Motherhood
You Capture: Motherhood

13 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet! I hope she's not sick! Mine only cuddles like that when he doesn't feel good! :)

    Stopping by from I Heart Faces
    My entry: alwaysclickingaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days are long but the years are short. I know it's cliche', but embrace it! I can say that now that my youngest is in kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those sweet cheeks!! I often fall asleep with my little girl when I lie down with her to get her to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snuggles make it all worth it!

    Happy mother's day!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, what a sweet moment! A lovely memory you caught in this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This picture is truly beautiful Danyelle! What a gem. I love it. I just read your little about me snippet and I laughed out loud about your farewell tour of your 20's! You are clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet precious photo! Well written post too! Happy Mothers Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sweet,I hope you had a great day. Thank you so much for your kind comments, I appreciate them:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more! Lovely words and a darling shot to go with it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. My rocking chair TOTALLY has butt grooves! You nailed this thing we call motherhood. I knew there was someone out there who would do a better job with this theme then I would. :)

    ReplyDelete