Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

I hate trying to go out to eat for Valentine's Day.  All the restaurants are always so busy, and then the food and service is only so-so.  That is not even taking into consideration the pain of either taking the girls with us and hoping against any tantrums until we can scarf our food down or trying to get someone to watch them.  We like to eat out, but Valentine's Day is one day a year we make sure and not eat out.

When I ran across the Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin at Imparting Grace, I decided that sounded like a great meal.  I mean bacon-wrapped just about anything sounds good to me.  It was pretty easy too.  I just sprinkled Montreal Steak Seasoning on the tenderloin then affixed bacon to it with toothpicks and cooked it on 425 for 20 minutes.  Then I bumped it up to broil for another 5 minutes to make the bacon more crispy.  Easy and good, my kind of meal.

Then I tried to make everyone happy with the sides they like which succeeded in making the meal less than easy.  Maggie likes sweet potatoes but not regular mashed potatoes, and Gwendolyn likes mashed potatoes but complains about sweet potatoes, so I made both and Maggie ended up not being interested in eating either.  And Gwendolyn didn't like the brussell sprouts I made, but I kinda figured that would happen.  I am the only one in the house who likes brussell sprouts, but I still make everyone try at least one.  Then I made Keary banana pudding because that is his favorite.  So we had three mushy foods in one sitting.  

It was still better than going to a restaurant on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment