Friday, November 26, 2010

Wishing you a belated happy thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving or Thursday, whichever applies.  I tried to get over here a dozen times to wish a happy day and post a picture of the hand turkey Gwendolyn made, but it just never happened.  Some days are like that.

Did any of you get up at dark:thirty and do all your Christmas/ holiday shopping?  Some stores were opening at midnight.  That is just crazy.  I can't think of anything I need bad enough to skip sleeping and fight the crowds for.  I've only ever gone shopping early on Black Friday and that was when Gwendolyn was 5 months old.  She woke us up early and refused to go back to sleep, so we got out of the house and went to the mall.  It was a madhouse, and since we didn't have any shopping goals, we were in the way.  That was the first and last time we  have done Day after Thanksgiving shopping.

I'll admit I do still have a few gifts to get or make.  I am hoping to do most of that shopping online.  What can't be done online, I'll get when we are out at the mall during the week.  The girls and I go wander around the mall or Target for a couple hours once or twice a week.  I have been a stay-at-home mom for almost four years and have decided that is what lots of stay-at-home parents do.  We see the same people every week and they appear to be meandering the same as we are.  Do you have any neat gift ideas you are giving this year?  I would love to hear them.  I have a couple people on my list who are very difficult to shop for and regardless of how much thought I put into it, generally wind up with more Arkansas Razorback paraphernalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment