Friday, April 1, 2011

Posing Giraffes

I have spent 15 minutes sitting here, looking at the screen, trying to find my words.  I considered posting about a book I just read, but I like to have more personal entries for Fridays when I link up with Rachel Anne and the Company Girls.  Then I considered a post about my frustration with rarely getting time to myself, and I'd just rather put a pin in that and look for better perspective.  The most obvious choice would be just posting about my  Thursday which is into the day of the week that guarantees all hell breaks loose, but I am still processing all of it. We are all okay, it is just mentally draining.

So I started looking through my pictures from earlier this week at the zoo.  I took 100+ pictures, but I kept coming back to the pictures I took of the giraffes.  I've always had a thing for giraffes: they are so beautiful and manage to appear simultaneously awkward and graceful.  My Grandy got me a signed print with personal regards from the artist of this Frace print for my high school graduation.  The string of pictures I took are by no means perfect, but it made me so happy to capture them.

I was snapping away, watching the giraffes.  When I walked up, they were all actually standing at the wall watching the zookeepers next door talk and clean. But I was snap, snap, snapping (pictures, not my fingers- that would be rude). Then suddenly, two of the giraffes took notice of me.
(Like I said the pictures aren't perfect.  The giraffes aren't in focus well, and the baby giraffe kissed his lips at me as I shot, making his head more blurry.)  Just the capture makes me smile though.

Then they started walking toward me.
And she (he?) came and stood right in front of me and posed.  Ha!  Seriously made my day.


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday


Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


13 comments:

  1. Awesome. I love it when animals cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures...especially the one with him (her) peeking around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love giraffes. I think it's their graceful awkwardness that appeals to me. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giraffes! They're such cool animals! Nice picture!


    Kayla Faye
    Struttin' My Stuff Photography
    strutmystuffphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are so graceful for their size, I enjoy watching them

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun! I can't wait to get to the zoo this spring. I enjoy the giraffes, too; you nailed it with the "simultaneously awkward and graceful" description. :) They're like perpetual teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they amazing animals? Love the zoo! We finally got a membership this year because ours is only about 10 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool!

    check out my photo blog:
    http://arrivalaluna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny that she was posing for you. Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great that you were able to look back and the week and find the blessing. Love your blog title!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last shot should be framed, and hung on your wall. Immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful! Love them. Thanks for participating in Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete